Posted on January 09 2021
At the end of 2020 I launched the Goddess Collection.
On the surface, this collection was inspired by the Greek Goddesses.
But actually it was inspired by the COVID pandemic. I saw so much strength and resilience in all the women around me. Many of my clients are in the health field, doing the hard work on the frontlines. My heart was heavy, I felt helpless.
Many of you know that the way I process my emotions is through my jewelry. This collection was born from the power of women-- our ability to create life, nurture others, bear pain and stress in the face of fear, loss and the unknown.
This collection represents us all. The warriors. The earth-mamas. The sex icons.
Each of the goddesses has her own personality, yet they are all powerful in their own way.
For example, Persephone is the goddess of fertility and the underworld. She saves you from dread, sickness, protects you from earthly harm, and helps you find love where you would least expect it.
Selene is one of my favorite goddesses. She is the Goddess of the moon, which she drove every night across the skies. She can control time and lights the night sky.
There are eight Goddesses in the collection:
- Oracle: She will tell you what the future holds
- Gaia: Gaia is life. She is the very soul of the earth.
- Persephone: Goddess of fertility and the underworld
- Artemis: Goddess of the hunt and protector of young women
- Selene: Goddess of the moon
- Athena: Goddess of war and wisdom
- Hera: Goddess of marriage and birth, the sky and the stars of heaven.
- Aphrodite: Goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, passion and procreation
I spent months processing my feelings into these tiny sculptures. I made sure the details were special and unique for each goddess. I wanted each piece of jewelry to be luxurious, so that you will feel like a queen when you wear it.
Given what they are Goddesses of, you can see why I chose them. They are all protective, loving, intelligent women, just like you.
So tell me, which of the Goddesses most resonates with you?